Words, when Dunblane asks for silence, space to mourn, to rage, to try to understand the incomprehensible. We assemble facts, names, lists, numbers. We look for character traits, analogies, consequences. But how much of that will enable us to solve the same impossible puzzle that assails the nation: they were children, five-and six-year-olds, in a gym class, doing what five- and —six-year-olds do, laughing, playing, shouting, hoping, dreaming. Children in a gym class.

Author:Samugis Tokora
Language:English (Spanish)
Published (Last):9 April 2011
PDF File Size:17.67 Mb
ePub File Size:13.55 Mb
Price:Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]

Sandra Uttley Statement Posted on 16 October by admin When the Dunblane massacre happened in March , I was in the most stable settled part of my life. My colleagues Alison and Les received THAT dreadful call and were the first ambulance personnel to arrive at the school, declaring it a Major Incident. I was called in a few hours later to relieve them from duty. Having collected the ambulance from Stirling, myself and another colleague Russell went back to station to clean out the ambulance that had transported 5 year old Mhairi MacBeath to hospital.

She was declared dead on arrival, from a single gunshot wound to the head. Within an hour, her daughter was dead. I bring in such personal detail, because to my mind it is too easy for people to forget the enormous loss of life on 13 March and the individual tragic stories involved in each death. Back at my ambulance station, I waited with dread for Alison and Les to return after their debriefing.

They were deeply shocked and traumatised. Les could barely speak. He kept on making a gun trigger gesture to his head and said that is how the children had died. They had been disabled and then shot through the head as they lay injured on the gym floor. For some reason very little has been said about this aspect of the massacre — that 11 girls were shot through the head. I am not certain how many of the 5 boys who were killed died from head injuries. One boy who was lying injured was shot in the back, not the head, giving him more chance of survival and indeed this boy, Matthew Birnie, did survive.

A head shot virtually guarantees death and the gunman was clearly intent on making this a true massacre, in every sense of the word. Just how had this obscenity happened? It has taken all of ten years for me to finally understand why Dunblane happened. I remember being very surprised when the bereaved parents called for a ban on handguns, as to my mind this was an obvious failure of policing. I would imagine that the majority of people, like me, had no idea that target shooting as a sport existed.

The very rare gun crime we heard about was part of the criminal underworld. We did not have a problem with legally held weapons in this country. After the massacre at Port Arthur, Peters and Alpers were in action. Those who expressed the strongest views, in particular, Mick North, who lost his only child in the massacre, were then co-opted into the gun control movement.

Mick has remained there ever since. It was only in that I discovered that all the Dunblane Inquiry documents had been locked away for an astonishing years a closure order that has since been declared illegal. Still, I had nothing to work on — or so I thought. At the end of , I accidently stumbled across some information on the internet about Dunblane that was to set me off on this path — searching for the truth.

Once you find yourself on this road, it is impossible to get off. That said, I never expected to be battling on nearly 4 years later.

I naively thought that once the parents and the media discovered about all the lies told at the Dunblane Inquiry, there would be an uproar. There has been nothing of the sort. Now if that was the case, why? Surely after what Hamilton had just done, this person would have been hailed a hero?

But there was a difficulty though. The massacre was said to have taken just 3 minutes. If Hamilton was killed, how did his assassin get there so quick? But when you look at all the evidence coming to light now about the Port Arthur massacre in Australia and the Columbine massacre in the States, Dunblane would seem to not be alone in terms of inconsistent evidence, disappearing vital witnesses, a refusal of the mainstream media to print anything about that, the ridiculing and hounding of those campaigners like myself who fight to be heard, AND the total silence of both GCN and the International Action Network on Small Arms IANSA of which Mick is closely involved.

On 2 October , Mick saturated the British press with his claims that there had been no cover-up of the truth about the massacre in which his beloved only child had been killed. All the articles were full of inaccuracies and, in all honesty, downright untruths.

No newspaper would print a right of reply from me, the main campaigner for the truth about the Dunblane massacre. I had — at last — been silenced. Why would a parent do this? Mick has, without a doubt, been brainwashed by the international gun control movement.

It is a tragic irony that exactly one year later, on 2 October , in a small backwater in Pennsylvania, a place where, like Dunblane, these things just do not happen, five schoolgirls were executed, Dunblane-style.

These gun massacres are always said to be the work of the lone nut gunman. Andrew MacGregor has done much work in that area and will be speaking about this in a couple of days. But I do know enough about Dunblane now to know that Thomas Hamilton more than likely did not commit the Dunblane massacre.

Hamilton was — no other word for it — the patsy. He was set up that day and he paid with his life.


Dunblane massacre

Claims had been made of his having taken photographs of semi-naked boys without parental consent. Later that year, he was seconded as leader to the 24th Stirlingshire troop, which was being revived. Several complaints were made about his leadership, including two occasions when Scouts were forced to sleep with Hamilton in his van during hill-walking expeditions. He was blacklisted by the Association and thwarted in a later attempt he made to become a Scout leader in Clackmannanshire. On the day following the massacre, Robertson spoke of having previously argued with Hamilton "in my own home".





Related Articles